Thursday, 24 September 2015

Reading

WALT: summarise by retelling my story in order.

Success Criteria:
  • I can find the beginning middle and end of the story
  • I can record the main ideas, in order
  • I use my summary to help me better understand what I read and to share my ideas.
  • I am starting to think about what might happen next



How I am going

I can find the beginning middle and end of the story
Kerri thinks



I can record the main ideas, in order
Kerri thinks



I use my summary to help me better understand what I read and to share my ideas.
Kerri thinks


I am starting to think about what might happen next
Kerri thinks




Reflection
Summarising by retelling my story in order helps me because: it helps me to understand my story properly.

It was really hard to: figure hard tricky words when I'm reading. Sometimes I miss out the tricky words, I need to come back.

Something that really helped me was: that we get the read the books at school. We have a practise at school and our real task is at home.

Something new I learned was: there are lots of different ways to work out new words like looking for bits in the words that we know, we can look at the pictures and we can read on and read back.

Kerri Thinks
What great reading you are doing Luca. You work hard to make sure your reading sounds like talking and you practise lots of different strategies to solve tricky words. With support you can find the beginning, middle and end of the story and share you thinking but sometimes you find recording your ideas tricky. Remember if you miss out a word you need to go back and reread and make sure the sentence makes sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment