Monday, 14 September 2015

Rangatiratanga

We are learning about Rangatiratanga (Leadership and initiative).

This is what we think Rangatiratanga is...
  • Helping new kids –showing them what to do and where things are
  • Doing something without being asked
  • Helping
  • Solving problems for ourselves… thinking
  • Leading by example… showing by doing
  • It is not being a bossy boots
Rangatiratanga (Leadership and Initiative) - it is all about thinking and making some choices for ourselves. 

We need to think for ourselves!!


I show rangatiratanga - (leadership and initiative) in the classroom.
Kerri thinks




I show rangatiratanga - (leadership and initiative) in the playground.
Kerri thinks



My Reflection
I show rangatiratanga in the playground by: including people in the games I play with my friends. I help people when they have just started school.

I show rangatiratanga in the class: I sometimes clean up other people's mess.
It was really hard when: that we have to do most of the hard jobs. 

Kerri Think
We talked about Rangatiratanga and decided it is all about making choices and thinking for yourself. It is also about doing the right thing - leading by example. This means you need make sure you are doing what you need to to help your learning, like following your i time chart and doing everything on it. Remember to concentrate on your choices and let others worry about their own choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment